Cooking delicious food and serving to people would offer an amazing experience for all the hoteliers. Gopinivas Grand houses a multi cuisine restaurant named The Sky in which you can taste some of the mouth watering food delicacies of North Indian, Chinese, Continental, Mexican, South Indian and much more. Our Chef wants to share some popular North Indian recipes with the readers every week. Now, let us have a quick look at one of the exotic North Indian Delight- Butter Chicken
How to Prepare Butter Chicken?
Butter Chicken is one of the best known Indian recipes in the world. The gravy can be prepared in the thick or watery form. Popularly known as Murg Makhani, Butter Chicken can be taken with Naans, green salad and Kaali Daal. This recipe is loved by millions of people around the world. I hope you will also like this food delight.
- 1 kg of boneless chicken (remove the skin)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 6 cloves
- 8-9 peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 8-10 almonds
- 1 cup of fresh yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower cooking oil
- 2 chopped onions
- ¼ teaspoons of turmeric powder
- 400 gm of chopped tomatoes
- ½ litre chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of kasuri methi
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Take a bowl and mix chicken, lime juice, red chilli powder and salt. Just cover the bowl and leave it for sometime.
- Heat a flat pan and add cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, almonds and bay leaves. After it gets cool, add the cardamom seeds into the mixture. Now, you have to grind the mixture in a dry coffee grinder.
- Then, mix the yoghurt, coriander, cumin, turmeric powder with chicken well. Leave the mixture for another one hour.
- Heat the oil and add onions in the pan. You have to fry the onions till it gets golden brown colour. Add ginger and garlic paste to it.
- Add chicken from the chicken-spice mix and fry till gets roasted.
- Now, add chicken stock, tomato paste, yogurt and kasuri methi to the chicken.
- Ensure to cook the gravey for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a separate pan and add melt the butter. Pour over this to chicken.
- Finally, garnish the butter chicken with coriander leaves and serve with Naan and Kaali Dhal.